Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geo fencing improperly arms camera when family member's device is still in the fence

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
photonic_world
Initiate
Initiate

I have an Arlo Q, which is setup to arm/disarm based on geofencing. I have shared this camera with a family member and setup the camera to arm/disarm based on their location as well, but notice the camera is armed when I leave the geo fence. Shouldn't the geo fencing consider all the shared devices as well before arming the camera? 

Note: I have granted access to this device and have enabled access rights. The device shows up under shared devices on the other phone. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
photonic_world
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks! I see the problem, I think I had to select the other account in the "enabled devices" under geofencing options. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

photonic_world,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius. 

How does the first in, last out principal work with geofencing mode for my Arlo cameras?

For this to work be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

JamesC

photonic_world
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks! I see the problem, I think I had to select the other account in the "enabled devices" under geofencing options.