Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Finally; live view arlo on Smart Tv

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Trackerone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Apologies to all if it's been sorted already, I have a Samsung Smart Tv approx 1 year old and wanted to view arlo live through Tv, only thing is no app to do so, so I bought myself an Android box (kodi box) £20-30 from Ebay got it connected to Tv, and as the box is android it has play store i.e. For all apps etc the arlo app doesn't work on the box but the puffin browser does tried other browsers but no luck as it's got intergrated flash, search arlo netgear on the browser, log in as normal and hey presto click live view and sorted, full screen Tv with live view, Cant see why it shouldn't work on other Smart tvs, also I believe there are smart tvs that are already have android as an OS obviously my Tv is Tizen so harder to get it sorted, thanks hope it sorts you out, only downside is cost of a Android box
2 REPLIES 2
Trackerone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ps can't see it shouldn't work on other TVs just that the Smart Tv, have built in launcher bars at bottom of screen where you can move from Tv to YouTube, amazon, android box etc with same remote
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The major issue with going to TVs is the lack of flash at this point... most tvs allow a computer hook up and or a streaming device. attached

I think you'll see the sending to tv much easier down the road when flash is gone and they move to html type video.

And yes, an xbox app would be great ( you can do all but live play ( no flash ) )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------