Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email Notifications Talking Long Time

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
bkushner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Never seemed to be a problem before but for the past few weeks it's taking 90 minutes to 2 hours to get an email notification from all of my cameras. I've tried several email addresses to make sure it wasn't the email account.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Brian

7 REPLIES 7
hackemate
Aspirant
Aspirant

SAme here. I have 4 more days to return this garbage. No real help desk or any guidance.

Hop1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue.  When motion is detected, the push notification (text message) comes immediately but sometimes the email is significantly delayed. In addition, the video download to the library is also delayed. This is not 100% of the time. Not predictable as to when this occurs. 

bkushner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm assuming must be their mail servers.

Jimfr
Guide
Guide

It's not just the emails that are late, the videos aren't showing up in the library, sometimes until an hour later, sometimes hours later, sometimes not at all.

There are other threads on this board that are discussing this problem.  They may be helpful to you:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Apps/Lag-Time-between-recording-and-viewing-in-Library/td-p/10...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

(just two examples)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing issues with our cloud servers which may be slowing down reception of alerts and video recordings. Our engineers are working on the situation with urgency and things should be back to normal shortly. In the meantime, we apologize for any downtime you’re experiencing and want to let you know that we are working non-stop to address the issue.

Update:

A fix for this issue has been released and has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop to resolve this. 

Please refer any additional comments on this issue to the following thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

Thank you,

JamesC

wulfman
Aspirant
Aspirant

This seems to be happening again. For the past several weeks emails are taking 10 to 30 minutes to arrive. Doesn't help much when tying to verify gate entry. It used to be in seconds......

Does anyone know if there are problems with the servers again? I haven't tried but I don't think SMS push will work to Switzerland because of cost.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would be useful to examine the headers of the emails so you can see when the email was actually sent and where it may be getting held up. How to examine the headers depends on the email client you use or have access to.  You can Google "examine email headers" for suggestions.  For Gmail on a browser, use the down arrow at the top right of the message and choose Show Original.  I start at the bottom of the header to determine who sent it and when and then slog my way upwards, checking the times and servers it passed through.  Can be tedious but can show the details needed.