Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Deleted Arlo Q now not appearing in list

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gigi11
Follower
Follower

Tried everything to sync.  Finally deleted them now they will not re- appear on list.  They do light up amber and blue and the QR code chimes but they are never discovered.  I have an outdoor 3030 that is on the list but it can’t be discovered.  Nothing new at home to blame.  

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you reset the Qs? Have you tried both 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections? Have you tried using a computer browser to set them up? Are you using a VPN?

For the original wireless outdoor camera, it can't be discovered the same way - it has to connect to a base station.

bogiebogie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. I have gone through the set-up process multiple times from my computer. The Arlo Q chimes at the QR code, then soon afterwards it makes a doom & gloom "bum-bum-bum-bum" sound and then the amber light flashes quickly. I've tried resetting the camera (pen in the Reset hole until it makes a click sound), and I've tried doing all of this closer to the base station. I am typing in the WiFi SSID and password correctly, and WiFi is working. This Arlo Q is not visible on the dashboard.

Help!

bogiebogie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried both 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections and I am not on a VPN. Still no luck.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q does not use the base station so that has nothing to do with it. However, having the base too close to the router has caused issues so you could try moving the base away as far as practical to see if that helps.

When you say "dashboard" do you mean the Dashboard that shows on the new user interface (UI) or the old Devices tab? That makes a difference as to how to respond.