Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
oneMadRssn
Tutor
Tutor

I've been getting an "Internet connection is lost. Geofencing in Arlo is unavailable at the moment." error every day, at least 4 times per day. And then of course, Geofencing is not working. This error occurs on WiFi at home (RCN, using 1.1.1.1 DNS), on cellular (AT&T), on WiFi at work. In the iOS app.

Can Netgear not go a single month with geofencing working without issue? My confidence in the brand is seriously tanking. I was considering upgrading my WiFi to use the Netgear Orbi, but no way, I am not buying anything Netgear until they get their software sitution straightned out.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oneMadRssn,

Are you using an Android or iOS device? What do you have to do to recover when you see this error message?

JamesC

oneMadRssn
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC As stated in the OP, I am using an iOS device. I swipe the error away, and wait a few hours until it works again. Until it doesn't again.

Bcon81
Initiate
Initiate
Same issues, same error message and Geofencing not working correctly. Started happening with the last IOS app update.
Mattjenna
Tutor
Tutor
I have exactly the same problem. Geofencing routinely does not work as I receive the ‘Internet connection is lost error’. The way for me to correct is to log into the Arlo App on my iOS device.