Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Constantly recording and draining battery a few days with no motion

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DarcieR
Aspirant
Aspirant

It records constantly and drains the battery in a few days with no motion.I don’t know what to try next. I created a motion only mode but it still records sound. I read in a previous threads that there should be a sensitivity setting in “mode” somewhere but I have looked everywhere and only have a detection test option with a sensitivity setting. Anyone?

Also, the camera has the worst viewing capability. I wanted it to show the driveway but someone has to practically walk up to it to be visible.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q camera doesn't have a battery. I'm guessing you don't have a Q - what do you really have?

Have you read the FAQ here on setting sensitivity in your modes and rules? That's where to enable/disable audio detection as well as everything else as to how the camera detects.

There's also an FAQ on camera positioning for best detection.

DarcieR
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am not sure which model I have. My model number doesn’t mirror the choices above. Yes, I have created a custom mode that is audio only. I have gone back to the pre set modes for motion only and turned sensitivity way down. It does have a battery. I bought it about two years ago.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're not being clear. You mention you want motion detection only but then say that you created a custom mode for audio only. Since you have audio, you have either a Pro or Pro 2 system which will always record audio - it's whether the detection is based on motion and/or audio.

Perhaps a screenshot of your mode(s) as well as a link to a video (choose the Share icon in the library) would help.

DarcieR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I apologize. I must have switched the two terms. I had in set for video only because I thought the audio might be causing it to record all of the time and I had a sensitivity to motion set low. Now that my batteries are dead again, I can't open the info on the app for the device to take a screen shot of my settings. I will have to recharge the camera to do that.