Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connexion to onde Cam by many users

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Syrius
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I 'd  like to buy an Arlo Q plus to place it in a waiting room. We are around 9 doctors working in different offices. The camera would be used to see if a patient has arrived .

How many people could be connected at one camera at the same time ?

We have a patch panel. Could it be useful ?

thanks for your answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras need a good wifi access ( or etherent )

As to the number of people watching; You can add viewers ( so all can watch at same time ) by using GRANT ACCESS (like friending them) from the primary user account. TBMK, there is no limit on "friends"

Or you could use one monitor and leave it on if in a common area.

The only thing I question, is that in the past some users have stated that full time viewing times out the app/prgm.  So you may have to re-log in.

Not 100% sure here if it still applies

Or you can opt for the CVR option ($) which records 24/7 and displays same, I've run for a hour or so at a time, didn't appear to time out.

Jeff?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras need a good wifi access ( or etherent )

As to the number of people watching; You can add viewers ( so all can watch at same time ) by using GRANT ACCESS (like friending them) from the primary user account. TBMK, there is no limit on "friends"

Or you could use one monitor and leave it on if in a common area.

The only thing I question, is that in the past some users have stated that full time viewing times out the app/prgm.  So you may have to re-log in.

Not 100% sure here if it still applies

Or you can opt for the CVR option ($) which records 24/7 and displays same, I've run for a hour or so at a time, didn't appear to time out.

Jeff?

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's been a while since I tried this but, as I recall, live view worked for >30 minutes on a Q camera. I'd have to test again to see if that's true.
Syrius
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Jeff, it looks great.

My english is not perfect. Does it mean it works just for one hour in live ?

Thanks 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the Q camera seems to have no limit as to how long live view will continue.  The use of the app may be an issue since it will time out but using a computer shouldn't be a problem.  You can also record for long periods of time while using live view but that's not recommended due to the size of the file generated (and Netgear may have an issue with such huge files).