Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hnsw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed since 6 days ago ... I am unable to view all recorded videos via my phone app or my browser.

The browser looks like this when I am viewing the Library.

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 10.10.22.png

I noticed from my troubleshooting in the HTML code that there was reference to the following web address to access the videos which the URL is no longer valid.

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='arlos3-prod-z3.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /xxxxxxxx/R5BPEXN-114-14414437/xxxxxxx/recordings/15xxxx7756xxxxx.mp4?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Date=20181020T225643Z&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&X-Amz-Expires=86400&X-Amz-Credential=xxxxxxxxxx%2F20181020%2Fap-southeast-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Signature=xxxxxxxxx (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0xc8e740>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve'))

(Note: xxxxxx are sanitised information)

My concern is that the AWS Route 53 address is no longer valid and thus I am unable to view the videos. Can the Arlo team look into this and let me know how this can be resolved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hnsw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I figured out the problem. The upstream DNS servers were blocking access to AWS because of some malware attacks. The issue has been resolved working with the ISP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @hnsw,

What firmware are you running on your Base Station and cameras? Make sure you are running the latest firmware. And what iPhone are you using?

hnsw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I figured out the problem. The upstream DNS servers were blocking access to AWS because of some malware attacks. The issue has been resolved working with the ISP.