Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot change initial photograph during setup during 'motion detection mode'.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nunya1199
Follower
Follower

I have to say....this website is one of the worst for customer service I have EVER encountered.  There is NO OPTION for contacting customer support via email... regardless of all the hoops you go thru.  There is a 'live chat' option... which after waiting 15 mintues for someone to even respond to this, I finally utilized my ONLY OPTION for hlep, being that of a phone call.  I explained to the person a DOZEN times what the issue was and each and every time he kept saying he understood... then came back and asked again what the issue was... 

I initially set up (turned on) my camera to check its function before installing the camera.  Now, when I want to set my motion activity zones, this INITIAL pic, cannot be changed.  So exactly how do you set up a camera with motion detection zones when you cannot bring up the most current picture/view of where the camera is actually viewing?  And I told customer support about the fact NO ONE was responding to LIVE CHAT and he basically did not care one bit... and the entire time I have been typing this, I have left the 'live support' window up to see if ANYONE ever started a chat.. and of course they did not.  

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What interface are you using? When I open Arlo in Chrome, as soon as I click "Video Settings" the preview screen refreshes. If that doesn't happen, I think the "snapshot" button will take a pic you can then use to adjust motion zones.