Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q Is Not Being Discovered

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Geraint
Aspirant
Aspirant

After scanning the QR code during intial setup, I hear the chime and seconds later hear a buzzing sound, the blue blinking light then turns to fast blinking amber. I subsequebtly after about a minute I get a mid screen comment stating 'No Arlo devices found'. I have tried this on numerous ocassions but the same thing occurs. I have tried, factory reset, powered off the camera, re booted my Wi-Fi. After all this I still cannot connect  The hub and camerare in the same room. 

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's been recent suggestions that having a dual band router set to use the same SSID for both bands seems to be causing issues. By any chance does this describe your situation? Can you use a device that can be set to use the 2.4GHz band (or Ethernet) only to see if that helps?

Geraint
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've no idea, sorry. This is over my head. I have a BT HUB 5 if that helps. Ethernet is not an option as the device doesn't have a port. Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically, can you switch you phone's WiFi setting to use only the 2.4GHz band? You may need to get someone to help you with the technical stuff.

Bjdelosangeles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue. Just bought it yesterday. I dont know about the wifi SSID, but I can tell you that I have a dual band Motorala router. The device could not be found. So I took it to my boyfriends house, he has a Netgear dual band router. For some reason the camera connected. Maybe because they are both made by Netgear? Anyway, it prompted me to do a firmware update. I've updated the device and tomorrow I will be testing the camera at my house to see if it works.

WmScott
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the exact same issue as the original post. The light goes back to flashing amber during the discovery stage with a "fail" sounding chime.

Any solutions? I'm on a Bell Fibe router.

Txs
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just curious- are these problems occuring when the router is a dual band model that  uses the same SSID for both bands? If so, there seems to be a relationship  to not being able to sync.

WmScott
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Bell 3000 hub which is Tri band. 2 at 5ghz and 1 at 2.4 ghz. Like the others I'm not a techy...but it looks like I'll be getting a little more familiar with my hub.

Suspect there is a solution., maybe in a post I missed. I have a Arlo pro that is not an issue but it is attached by ethernet.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Newer routers have the ability to use one SSID for all bands so you don't have to configure them separately. The router then decides what band to use for each device according to signal strength, etc. Is your router set for that one SSID or does each band have a unique SSID?

WmScott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Rebooted the router, logged into it and was able to see ArloQ connected after redoing the set up steps. Seems to have been solved.