Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Golias
Aspirant
Aspirant

After following all the steps the Arlo Q is just no able to connect to my wifi network (to which all my devices are connected to without any problem).

I am able to scan the picture and hear the 'ok' sign and then in the following step the app is unable to connect the cam to my wifi network.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a reset on the camera using the reset button. Sync again.

Golias
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to reset it by holding the 'reset' botton and repeated the process but it still doesn´t make any difference... it doesn't work... Thanks anyway.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Two things of note....

1) most common problem is users get the SSID and PW wrong... be it caps, etc

2) I heard from another user somewhere here there was a problem with the Q taking "non-normal" charactors in the name/pw.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Golias
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac. Nothing in the SSID or PW is wrong. There is also no non-normal caractors in the name/pw.

This Arlo Q is a very poor experience... Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could just be a defective device. You could either return it to the store for exchange or create a trouble ticket for a possible RMA.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Golias,

Consider creating a guest network and try connecting your Arlo Q to it first to allow it to update to the latest firmware. Take a look at this guide for instructions: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/Can-special-characters-in-a-network-name-cause-...

Please let us know if this helps!

JamesC

Golias
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

Thanks for your message...

I have a asus RT-N56U router which I believe doesn´t allow me to create a guest network.

Anyway I already tried to connect the Arlo to another network in my friend´s house and didn´t connect as well.

I also spent several hours with Arlo first line support assistance without any success... I do regret of having bought Arlo Q...

Cheers,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's either a faulty device or something is wonky (technical term) with the router.  Are you trying to connect to the 2.4 or 5GHz band?  I've had issues with the 5GHz band so I use the 2.4.  Have you restarted the router?  Like other network devices, something can get confused and a restart can help.  Or not.  Does the router show an IP address for "arloq"?

Your choices if you're sure it's not working are to get support to issue an RMA or to exchange the device at the store you purchased from (or to get a refund).