Cannot Adjust Notification Settings

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ArloGQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

We recently got two Arlo Q cameras (not the pro) as a gift. I set up one and it’s working properly except I’m getting a notification for all motions while it’s armed as home, including emails.

I do not want any of these but the instructions on the Arlo website are completely wrong. It says there is a “pencil” to click on in “Modes” but there is no pencil in modes. There is nothing in notifications that gives the option to alter when notifications happen and when they do not.

This company clearly has not updated any of its website content to reflect the reality of the app.

13 REPLIES 13
KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

I've got the pencil in Modes !

ArloGQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you have the Arlo Q? Are you on a paid subscription?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No subscription is needed for any of the Q cameras.

I assume you've read this:

https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

If there's no pencil, it could be a ">" but either way just click on the right side to edit the mode and then the rule.

ArloGQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

1C3E9F31-88A2-468C-A410-F385862BF755.png

72042420-A721-418A-B367-89E694484A50.png

  

A1B699CF-0D13-46FA-BB2C-E87E3B64E82B.png

0A30BC36-7EF4-4AAB-B95A-A7B730CF9433.png

  

I have but don’t have anything like that. When I get to the page to add a rule the “add a rule” button cannot be clicked.

Do I really need to pay for a subscription to prevent email notifications?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're seeing the new interface - thanks for the snapshots. You must have just set up your account for this to happen.

As you note, FAQs need updating. In your case, click on the 3 dot selection at the top right. That provides a gear icon to click on for each mode. Click on that to create or edit rules for each camera.

ArloGQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

What you’re seeing in those screenshots is the result of what happens when I click the three dots and then click the gear. I’ve clicked every single button in the app multiple times with no success. As I said above, the “add a rule” button cannot be clicked.

None of this works. The app is atrocious.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Guess I didn't scroll down to see all your screenshots - sorry. I think your issue is that each camera is unto itself. You can't add any other rule (at least I don't think so). In your 3rd screenshot there's a ">" - did you click on that to edit the rule?

You might want to reboot the phone or at least force close the app and reopen it.

ArloGQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did. When I hit that > the add a rule is still blocked out and the only option on the camera is to “delete rules” but there are none to delete.

I’ve done all the rebooting. I‘ve resynced. Everything. No success.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess your next step is to click on the "person" icon at the top left (your profile) and then Support Center to contact official support.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ArloGQ

What happens when you try the same via the web portal at My.Arlo.com?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

What happens when you try the same via the web portal at MyArlo.com?

@ArloGQ :  Shayne meant to say my.arlo.com.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@StephenB

Yes, updated 

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ArloGQ

Is this occurring on an Android or iOS device?