Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t view videos in iOS. Showing "Can't complete operation" on Arlo iOS app.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Stevenstacey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here we go again...the problem we had awhile back where we couldn’t view video on iOS after an arlo app update (can’t complete operation) is suddenly happening again in the new app. It just started happening to me again today October 15th. Sounds like Arlo will need to fix this app so that we can actually view our videos from our iPhones. I have an 11 pro.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I have not experienced the problem since the two recordings on the 16th.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

Model VMB4000r3; Firmware: 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a; iOS Version 13.1.2, iPad tablet. Multiple recordings today. Reviewed via Library and they worked perfectly through 3:30 pm Mountain time. At 3:42 and 4:46 two more recordings happened but the attempts to view return an error message “The operation could not be completed” “Got it”. This is the same problem experienced in the May to July timeframe this year. Problem resolved by Arlo engineers in July. I can view the recordings via Microsoft computer running the Firefox browser, on an Android phone, but not on the Apple device.

Arlo2user
Star
Star
Oh no... it’s back! And after all we put up with last time around. Does anyone think that Arlo learned anything from that debacle and has become more customer-centric? We can only hope.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you let us know if you're seeing this error happening for all recordings? Is this happening for recordings before Mon Oct 14th too?

Could you also provide a screenshot that shows the error when viewing videos?

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

No, it occurred only on 2 of 14 recordings on 10/15/19. I had not seen the error message since the last of July. It is intermittent and I have not yet seen it today 10/16.

Stevenstacey
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did not see it occurring prior to the 14th. It doesn’t happen for all recordings. Attached is an example.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for responding to the questions! Our development team is looking into reports where some users are receiving this error on their iOS device. We'll be sure to update the community if we hear any new information or update.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I wanted to follow up with everyone to see if anyone is experiencing this issue after Oct 16th, 2019 6 AM PST with their recordings receiving this error?

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I have not experienced the problem since the two recordings on the 16th.