Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
D4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m not impressed that I can’t turn off alerts for the Q can unless I subscribe to a yearly contract. That’s bullying and gangster behaviour!

Now if my normal cams do go off I have so many from the Q flooding in from watching outside, I’ll be lucky to see any normal camera alerts! I need the Q cam on fully so it needs to pick up everything. Just don’t need the alerts from it every 5 mins! Im thinking of selling this kit ASAP now. I’m not rich and I’ve paid enough so the Q should act like the normal cams if I choose?! Not be bullied by either having the Q focused on one dead end spot outside, or so many alerts I would never know any other cam as gone off in the house. This isn’t fair Arlo, smart move but not fair so please...allow me to turn off the alerts for this like I can with the normal cams. Rant over.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, what do you mean you can't turn off the alerts.... Edit the Armed mode and toggle off (see bottom of snapshot )

Capture111.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
D4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t have that GUI
I can turn off/on the wireless cams, just no option anywhere to do the same with the Q? Or am I just being silly and totally missing where that page you sent me is located in the application? Where exactly is this page you’re showing me or do I need to update arlo on my iPhone 6?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and do the settings all on the web... I find it much more stable over the apps.

( Fire Fox seems to works the best right now ), go to   https://arlo.netgear.com

Login,  go to MODE, pick Q camera, pick Armed and click on the ">" to edit

Pick Edit again under Record camera, go to bottom of page to toggle on/off the email or pushes... Save before exit

Morse is faster than texting!