Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't set designated devices. If someone logs out, gets you automatically logged out.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
christopherLaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

You can not set designated devices (mobile phones etc), so if your out and about and someone has got hold of your password, they can then log in to your account getting access to your device, and this also automatically logs you out of your account on your device. This happened to me today when I was out shopping, meaning I could not log back in to the app as someone had logged in using a different device. Neither do they keep a log of the devices that have logged in to your account, so there is no way to find out who it was. Its a real joke really, terrible security device

Arlo Q FALCON_NSP_P1.06

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can certainly log back in, kicking the other person off. However, the root issue is mitigated by 1) strong passwords (change yours immediately) and 2) use of the 2FA (two factor authentication) now available.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can certainly log back in, kicking the other person off. However, the root issue is mitigated by 1) strong passwords (change yours immediately) and 2) use of the 2FA (two factor authentication) now available.

christopherLaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is wrong and I have contacted Arlo support and they have confirmed this. I have the transcript. Someone could steal your password or hack your pc to obtain it. I have a very strong password and thats why I couldn't log back in to kick them out while out and using arlo by a mobile device, which is its main purpose

christopherLaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Once they have done this there is no way to track the device used to compromise your account as you can not obtain the log

christopherLaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive just looked at the 2 step verification process and it is true. Cumbersome to use but it does allow you to use designated devices only as you can choose an sms message containing a code as the 2nd step of the login process