Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mikewo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Q which has been operating really well for several years. It is mounted in the garage away from the doors. A couple of months ago I noticed that it stopped triggering the lights and found that the camera wasn't seen as connected to Arlo anymore. I just got around to fixing it now, but I can't get it to connect. I've followed the instructions and tried numerous things, but it refuses to get into sync mode, and on top of that when it is plugged in I can see my router still thinks it is sending data.

I've tried:

• Unplugging for 30 seconds or more
  • Holding down the sync button for 5 seconds, 10 seconds, a LONG time, when I do this the blue light never comes on and I never hear any clicks.
  • I've used a paperclip and held in the reset button for 20 seconds, and again later for 30 seconds. I finally heard a series of clicks, but it still doesn't do anything other than show the solid amber light. It will not enter sync mode.

Any ideas on what to try next?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The sync button should not be held down, just a push

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mikewo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work either. I tried again just now to be sure. The instructions indicate "Press the Sync button on your camera until the blue LED starts blinking". Given the "until the blue LED" I thought it meant to hold it down. I've tried just pressing it as well. Nothing changes the amber light except unplugging it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've held the reset button for a sufficient time, be sure to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices before trying to resync.

mikewo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! I have removed it from the devices list in the Arlo app. The camera itself still will not get into sync mode. The blue light never comes on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"She's dead, Jim!"  At least, that's what I suspect. I would try a different USB charger with the same specs to see if that helps and/or try the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they have suggestions but I think you need a new one.