Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't login to the iphone app. Migrated from iPhone 5 to 7. Doesn't recognize new device.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bicho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I just migrated from an Iphone 5 to an Iphone 7. I backed up all my stuff prior to this, and uploaded all onto my new phone. Aside from minor hiccups from a few apps when first turned them back on, everything is working as it was on my old phone (including bank's and other logins), except login into the Arlo app. It tells me that it does not recognize my new device, it then tries to push a notification to my phone, and about 3 seconds later it says the login is denied and to try again. Every time I try is the same result. Any suggestions.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Bicho,

It sounds like you have Two-Step Verification enabled on your device.

If you still have your iPhone 5 (original phone), make sure it is turned on and has WiFi access so when you log on through your iPhone 7 (new phone), you can approve it from your original device.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bicho
Aspirant
Aspirant

PS: I already tried deleting the app and reloading it. Same thing happens when I try to login using my laptop (using Firefox), and I already tried to remove the cookies, still no luck.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Bicho,

It sounds like you have Two-Step Verification enabled on your device.

If you still have your iPhone 5 (original phone), make sure it is turned on and has WiFi access so when you log on through your iPhone 7 (new phone), you can approve it from your original device.

Bicho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica, I did exactly that yesterday, and I was able to login using my old phone. From there I worked on the new phone and now everything is ok.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers.