Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't instal new Arlo cameras on Nighthawk

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cmbubner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Morning,

I have brought 2 new Arlo wireless cameras and am trying to install through my D7000 nighthawk router. I successfully installed my Arlo Q but can't get the wirless ones to come up. I gave up on the D7000 yesterday and managed to install them through the base station but this isn't what I want.

This morning I disconected the base station from the D7000 to have another go at installing them straight off the nighthawk after I deleted from base station but no joy.

The LED is a constantly blue flashing (not rapid)

Any suggestions.

Thank you

Bubs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's due to the Q cameras essentially having the "base station" built-in.  It only requires a WiFi connection.  The wireless cameras require a base or the R7000 router which has a selection in the setup to enable Arlo capability.  You need one or the other.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DeanPrice66
Aspirant
Aspirant

As far as I know it only works with the R7000 not the D7000. I have the R7000 and it was very straight forward and works great.

cmbubner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Iteresting as I had no trouble at all with the Arlo Q.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's due to the Q cameras essentially having the "base station" built-in.  It only requires a WiFi connection.  The wireless cameras require a base or the R7000 router which has a selection in the setup to enable Arlo capability.  You need one or the other.