Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can not get my Arlo Q cameras to connect

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
fuzzylugnuts
Follower
Follower

I am not able to get my arlo Q cameras to connect, I am a degreed BS CS and all of the setup is straight forward,

This is a new system, all for wireless cameras sync with the station and show up on my account, I follow the instructions

for the arlo Q cameras, enter the wifi name and password, hit the sync button, display the QR, camera chimes and 

a few minutes later it says it fails. Tried it with the other camera same result. Depressed the factory reset button as 

sugggested, followed the procedures, no joy. Do I have a set of bad cameras. I bought it at Best Buy and wondering 

if I should take it back No phone support and the (408) number is always busy, I have 15 days to return but I would rather 

keep it if I can resolve this issue/problem. 

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What is your data thru-put speed ?

Also in prev sw , the Q cam didn't recognize non-standard characters in the password ( which is also case sensitive )...if you have the newer sw in the cam I believe this was corrected.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

fuzzylugnuts,

For more information on the issue with non-standard characters and instructions on how to setup a guest network to allow firmware to update, take a look at this article: Can special characters in a network name cause problems for Arlo Q?

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue.

JamesC