Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras disconnecting and not resyncing, motion detecting outside of zone, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
michaelM99
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I’ve spent around 1.5k in Arlo Qs, and I am extremely frustrated since it’s all been problems so far:

- Arlo Q falls from the ball support that’s supposed to hold it.

- Cameras keep disconnecting constantly, and instead of reconnecting again to the wifi, it asks me to sync again, forcing me to go to the physical location where the camera is. I’ve wasted dozens of hours now traveling to the camera locations (several properties) to fix this. This single problem alone has made the whole investment a huge waste of time and money and completely worthless.

- Recording by motion is triggered even when outside of the selected Zone, filling my gallery with useless videos.

- Sometimes it doesn’t trigger the recording at all: I often see people coming into the house, and then entering again, without having seen them leave, so it’s totally unreliable.

- Camera doesn’t get triggered by slow motion, meaning if a door left open and then it opens slow enough, you can see a recording with the door completely open already. That’s even when motion sensitivity is set to level 9 (max.).

I chose to buy Arlo vs. some random China-made solution because I was expecting quality software, hardware and support.

It turns out the cameras are bad quality, the software is doesn’t work properly, and there is no real support besides a hotline and this forum. There doesn’t seem to be a way to send a ticket and the live chat doesn’t work.

Is there a way through this forum to contact with someone from Arlo to have these problems fixed?

Also, can someone recommend an alternative solution such as Nest, etc.? I am planning on returning all my cameras and changing the whole system.

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

michaelM99,

Given the number of issues you are experiencing, I have opened and escalated a support case including the information you've provided here. An agent will reach out to you with an update as soon as possible.

JamesC