Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera works but getting status when I want to arm/unarm

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Laurajane
Aspirant
Aspirant
Very frustrated! Using the app on android, camera is connected to WiFi and working (detects motion and sound and sends alerts etc) but when I open the app, it is forever getting the status so I cannot arm or unarm it quickly. I have to restart the app numerous times on my phone - this is when I am on the same WiFi or with 4g. Sometimes I can get real time playback but no status on the mode screen or sometimes neither work. I have a couple of cameras and sometimes one comes up blank on the mode screen and the other will say armed/unarmed - I have to close the app and reopen several times to actually arm or unarm it. Nothing can be done quickly with these cameras! Help please!
11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What phone and OS?
Laurajane
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, it's samsung s7, os7. Thanks
Laurajane
Aspirant
Aspirant
Whether coincidence but playing the real time view then going to the mode screen seems to get it to display the status but this will only work if I can get the camera to play...
Laurajane
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nope that's a lie - the status will only appear if the movement/sound icons appear when watching the real time view.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd try reinstalling the app and restarting the phone.  No reason you should have to jump through hoops to make it work.  If necessary, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to open a case.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I run the S7 tho with the older OS 6.x something...  you should not be seeing these issues,

as mentioned you can un install and reinstall the app... but also don't forget to reboot the phone between

( personally, when i remove an app, I like to go to the app, force a stop and then manually delete data and cache, then Uninstall ... maybe overill, but I like to make should old data is completely removed )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Another troubleshooting idea is to logon to the arlo website https://arlo.netgear.com/ and try to arm/disarm your system there.  Does it get the status quickly and work from there consistently? If so, then I'd look at the app on your phone as the possible culprit.

Laurajane
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok many thanks, will try reinstalling - unfortunately don't have access to a computer at the moment to check that side. Will report back. Thanks, Laura
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can use a mobile device e to go to that URL. When it shines and wants you to download the app, use the browser settings to request the desktop version. Anything that requires Flash won't work, such as live view, but most other things do.
Laurajane
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks but no option on the page - either play store, Google store or Amazon, no continue to page... If I have to go somewhere else, I'm not aware how to do it.
I have reinstalled, came up blank first time instead of getting status. Managed to arm a bit quicker but nothing to make me think it's fixed unfortunately.
Laurajane
Aspirant
Aspirant
Found it thank you and yes, arming was instant. So thinking it's the app then...