Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
socks349
Initiate
Initiate

I signed up one of my Arlo Q cams to try out the CVR capability so I would have the ability to review without using video clips generated from the activity zone (too many false alarms for this outdoors-facing camera). Problem is that trying to review the CVR timeline is close to hopeless. The replay will work sometimes, then hangs while trying to skip forward or backward, making this $10/month feature pretty much a waste of money. It has worked OK a couple of times, but generally not. Does anyone have positive experience with CVR, and any suggestions? The timeline appears to be easy to use except it just hangs all the time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @socks349

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @socks349

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Cmdensmore83
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an arlo pro 2 system and the cvr stopped working January 1st. I have seen multiple complaints about the cvr not functioning correctly with no imminent fix. All I have seen from arlo representatives is them telling you to contact arlo support but other people that have done so say they are absolutely no help. It is not worth the money and a rip off to not have the ability to have a functioning cvr system . I would advise not purchasing arlo products until they actually have a real fix for this problem.
socks349
Initiate
Initiate

Just to follow up on this. With my situation, the video is clearly in the cloud (ie cam is recording ok), I just have playback issues. One thing I've found is that playback works better on the phone app than on my mac pc, and it's better on my pc when I have a higher internet speed connection. Pretty much sure to hang when the pc is running a 90 mip feed, and far fewer issues when I have 400 and higher mips, which for me is my ethernet feed direct from the cable box.