Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
eakcomp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I try to install my new Arlo Q via the mobile app on both iOS and Android. But the apps cannot facilitate initial setup and get me stuck at the QR code scan step and cannot find the camera. Product serial # is 4SS17CS656DDC. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the phones on your home WiFi? It won't work on cell service to set the camera up. It might also be worth trying a browser to see if the same thing happens. You're not using a VPN, are you?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a full reset of the Q ( hold in the reset for about 10 secs till led flashes )

Attempt to sync.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
eakcomp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is my setting...

• Connect all cameras over WIFI on 802.11AC router on fiber optic connection
  • Already connect 3x Arlo Pro2 via Base Station successfully
  • The installation points are within the range of my wifi network, tested on Arlo Pro2 and my mobile phone
  • Not on VPN

Here is what I've tried to make the initial connection and unsuccessful on my 2x Arlo Q

• Over both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wifi
  • On iOS (iPad Pro 10.5 2017) / Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 😎 / And My Arlo web
  • Factory reset (10-sec push using the clip) for 20+ times on each device

Now, both 2 cams become 2 expensive bricks right now. Is there any other thing I can try? Feel free to propose 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno if it would help but are you using the same SSID for both WiFi bands? If so, try using separate SSIDs.