Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
coloradouser
Follower
Follower

we are curious if we were to be gone a few weeks and set up the 24/7 coverage, what sort of battery life we can expect?  would we have to have someone come to the house to replace the batteries ?  curious if anyone has done/utilitzed this and what the battery life/drain is.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

24/7 simply isn't possible. 30 minutes is the best you can do and that's only manually. You'd be better off with the new Q CA era which is powered and capable of constant streaming.

AllEyesOnYou
Guide
Guide
There are no batteries with the Arlo Q, it plugs into the wall. There are batteries with the Arlo wireless, but no CVR 24/7 recording. Since this is the Q section, I am guessing you meant the Q...and they are really nice. Small, beautiful, plugs into a wall outlet with a long cord and comes with some nice window stickers...though I haven't had an answer yet as to where I can get more. Hope this helped...I like my 2 Qs so far.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're 100% right - I ass-u-me-d that it was an Arlo wireless question, not Q.  These forums are labelled but no one pays attention.  Guess I fell into that trap myself.

If you opt for CVR (constant video recording) you get 24/7 capability.  Recordings are still limited to 2 minutes but you can review for days using CVR. I've used a screen capture computer program with CVR full-screen to capture my own video after determining what it was I wanted since you can't otherwise download non-recorded video.  A little tricky but ultimately doable.