Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

At setup just a solid amber light, not blinking

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JPJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm at the Power-Up window (already selected Arlo Q in the setup window) and I plug in the camera and wait for the blinking amber light but it just stays solid (waited up to 10 minutes). I've started from the beginning several times. Unplugging the Alro Q and letting it sit for a few minutes, restarting the app, going through "add camera" > setup > powerup and same thing...light stays solid. Also tried "new system setup" in the app and same thing...solid amber light. And also held down the reset button for 10+ seconds then went through all the steps both ways (add camera & new system setup) and amber light never blinks.

Any suggestions

5 REPLIES 5
JPJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

PS - I have the latest iOS iPhone update and have also tried it from my web browser

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

power up the Q, and hold the reset button for about 10 secs ( till the front led flashes ).

Then try and install it as new again.

If NG, then return for new or contact Netgear as it may be defective.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JPJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried that, held down for way more than 10 seconds (several times) and light just stays solid

JPJC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Customer service is a joke! Went through the process with one of their techs and they deemed it defective and now I have to pay to return it to them to get a replacement. I am getting rid of my other Arlo camera's now!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JPJC,

I would like to help work with you toward a resolution. If you could, please private message me the case number you have open with the support team so I can further investigate this issue.

JamesC