Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ArloQ nightvision disable switch not working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ctgarvey
Initiate
Initiate

the webpage for disaarlo_uselessnightvisionthroughawindow.png

the webpage for disabling nightvision on the arlo Q does not appear to work .as you can see from above. arlo nightvision is useless through a double glazed window.

i disable then leave and come back and it is re-enabled again. Ive tried resetting / powering down device. no difference.

Arlo please fix this bug.

cannotdisalbearlonightvision.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have the same issue.  It seems that any time the Q is updated with firmware or otherwise restarted night vision is enabled, regardless of your setting.  If you have CVR, you can check it to see breaks in your timeline - that usually means a reboot for whatever reason.  You'll need to toggle night vision to get back to what you want - turn it on, save, turn it off and save.

I don't know if anyone has placed a trouble ticket for it but we all should to help get it fixed.  I'll do it now.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ctgarvey,

I have not been able to replicate this issue, be sure you are clicking Save after toggling night vision.

jguerdat,

If I toggle night vision to "off" and restart the camera night vision is still remaining off. What steps are you taking to replicate this behavior?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've set night vision off and saved. At some point I can unplug the camera and back in. The switch is still in the off position but the IR illuminators will light up anyways, reflecting off the window glass. I have to goo to Settings, toggle night vision on, save, toggle it off and save again to make sure it's off. The switch always indicates off but actual operation shows differently.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jguerdat,

Thanks for the clarification, I will escalate this issue for further investigation.

I am still not able to replicate this behavior however, is it intermittent for you? Does this occur every time you take these steps?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't tried restarting the camera and checked night vision specifically to test this, just noted that if my timeline shows an interruption night vision has to be toggled again. Also, as far as I've noticed, every time I've reset the camera and forgotten to toggle, it happens. When I get a chance tomorrow I'll pull the camera down and try a test.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, this is a fine kettle of fish.  Took the camera into the basement, powered it up, power-cycled it, restarted from the app multiple times and no night vision.  Turned night vision on and off, worked as advertised. Since I couldn't duplicate it, I went looking at CVR to find a time when it turned on.  Guess what?  No sign of a power outage, reboot or reset.  But it happened, just not the way I ass-u-me-d it would.  It was turning on by itself!  See the images below with the times of a few seconds inbetween:

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Since embedded images don't show up right away, here's some links for the time being:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4960473/off.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4960473/on.jpg