Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

ArloQ and Arlo cameras and the free 30 days of cloud storage that came with them. Will I lose that?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jandroid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently own 3 Arlo cameras around my home that I bought 5-7 years ago. I have always enjoyed 30 days of free cloud storage for my videos. I recently purchased a doorbell thinking I could add it to my free 30 days cloud storage and after I installed it realized I had to pay 3.99 per month to access my files for that particular doorbell camera.
I have no problem paying the 3.99 per month for the one camera, but I am concerned that I may lose access to the storage I have enjoyed free for 30 days for all the other cameras if I commit to a one-camera plan. I cannot afford the $35/month for all my cameras. So my question is: If I subscribe to the one-camera plan for 3.99 per month, do I lose the storage that came with all my other cameras, or is this grandfathered in. If I were to lose all my other storage I, I would rather get rid of my doorbell and keep the free storage that came with my other cameras.
Wondering if you could help me out with this decision,

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any cameras that have the free 7 day plan continue to have that plan forever (AFAIK). You don't need to subscribe to a plan other than for the doorbell to keep that going unless you want the 30 days of cloud storage one of the new plans supports.

None of the plans cost $35/month unless you're thinking single camera plans for each. The Secure Multi-Camera plan is $9.99 for unlimited cameras which would be perfectly adequate for your cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jandroid wrote:

I currently own 3 Arlo cameras around my home that I bought 5-7 years ago. I have always enjoyed 30 days of free cloud storage for my videos. 

The older cameras have 7 days of free cloud storage - it was never 30 days.

@Jandroid wrote:

So my question is: If I subscribe to the one-camera plan for 3.99 per month, do I lose the storage that came with all my other cameras, or is this grandfathered in. 

It is grandfathered in.  

@Jandroid wrote:

I cannot afford the $35/month for all my cameras. 

Where are you seeing $35/month?  Arlo Secure is $9.99 per month for unlimited cameras in the US ($13.49 in Canada).  That would give you 30 days of cloud storage for all your cameras.

Prices for other countries are here:

Jandroid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm looking at my library now and definitely have 30 days of free storage. That must have been the deal many many years ago.

Thank you for your answer. I still don't want to pay 13.49.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jandroid wrote:

I still don't want to pay 13.49.

As I said, the single camera subscription won't affect your existing cloud storage.