Arlo Q Don't recognize animals

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

A deer walked past my camera at a distance of 3 meters this morning on my wooden deck. It was a coincidence that it was filmed because a tree branch landed in front of the window and gave several notifications at that time. I realized that when I got the idea to put the filter on only animals and people. When doing so the cameras library become emty. My conclusion is that it did not see the deer. Otherwise, surely that clip should have remained? Or is it an effect of the filter being put there retroactively? Maybe it noticed the deer but don't define it as an animal? Do I have to instruct the camera how an animal looks and if so, how to do that?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@siggep wrote:

I got the idea to put the filter on only animals and people. When doing so the cameras library become emty.

The filter only applies if smart notifications are enabled. You need a subscription to enable them - so first check that you have one, and then check that the camera is enabled for them.

siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

*Okey, didn't know that. Tanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As to the Q... it is one of the few that use pixel detection over PIR.

I find it one of the best cameras that Arlo made. ( if they would have only make a waterproof model )

As mentioned,  not the camera but more like the smart filters.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
siggep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, agree. It's a reliable cam.