Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
iliannak
Aspirant
Aspirant

dear users,

i have a double problem with my Arlo Q since a while.

a) activity zone zoomed image in the settings menu

I use mainly the app through on android, on a samsung S7 and on a Huawei P20Pro. When I access through the settings the menu for activity zones for setting or editing i don't see the image the camera is capturing but I get an enlarged image covering only the upper left corner of the full captured image, and therefore I cannot set Activity Zone in the remaining invisible area.

firmware 1.9.0.0_269 and hardware 6 according to the device info.

the video settings are in 720 and I have tried even to lower them, following the solution provided to another user for the same problem on ios, unfortunately it did not work in my case. 

in the past the activity zone menu was working fine. the problem is recent.

if you open the account through windows on a laptop, then the activity zones area is shown correctly and you can set and edit viewing the whole image/scene.

any advice on how to solve the issue and having the activity zone part of the app working properly again?

b) activity zones ignored

our Arlo Q is often ignoring the activity zones set and is reporting activity even for zones left out. I have set a specific custom mode for only two zones and I still receive notifications for zones supposed to be ignored. our Arlo Q faces in the garden and in winter when the fence is less green it keeps reporting cars passing by in the street. so getting Arlo Q to work correctly with the activity zones is for us extremely important. 

this problem is constant and was present even before the bug issue with the image shown in the activity zones menu. any advice on how to make the activity zones set respected by Arlo Q and avoid  unnecessary notifications ?

many thanks in advance for your replies

27 REPLIES 27
_willow_
Guide
Guide

Mine has fixed. Have you checked recently?

(Wasn't an app update or anything, just started working...)
ShaneM
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Willow. Mine seems to have started working also. Would have been good to have received an update that it was resolved. But glad it's back. Hopefully the fix is permanent.
iliannak
Aspirant
Aspirant

@_willow_ @ShaneM 

activity zone works fine also for me since a few days, the picture now corresponds to the full image the zoom disappeared by miracle ;o)

as to the notifications for actions outside the set activity zones, i restricted much further the zones and it works better, from more than 100 notifications per day it went down to some 20-25. still some action happening outside is reported and I really don't see why as there is no reflection or anything else that could explain it, anyway ... there is progress at least.