Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ArloQ Stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Hoffman
Follower
Follower

I bought my Arlo Q about a month ago and it was working perfectly and then the connection was lost. I have tried over and over to re-set or reboot and I can’t get it to connect. After the blue light is on and the camera tries to connect to the base station it makes a negative sound like, Da Na. and then amber light just blinks fast. I have two other regular Arlo cameras that are working perfectly.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to get it working again?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A Q camera has nothing to do with a base station, just your router. If all is lost, factory reset the Q using the reset button. Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices. Start the sync process again using the Add Device button on the Cameras tab, choosing the Q camera and following the directions. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

btw, hold the reset button for about 10 secs till the front led flashes orange.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ruthroche
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue.  Installed it last Sunday.  I have the video going at work to monitor an elderly parent.  Today after working for a couple of hours I saw "Live" on my iphone on both devices.  When I touch "Live" it attemps to restart, but "Live" comes back.  I get an error that says "Unable to play.  Please try again", so did try periodically for another 3 hours.  No luck.  I tried resetting each device but it says it cannot do this.  It's busy.  Any help would be appreciated.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ruthroche,

Consider power cycling the Arlo Q. Allow it to come back online and try again. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

francycorr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.

Have I to send back the camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Possibly but did you try the suggestion just above your post?