Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo talk feature not working

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Darrellwcook
Follower
Follower

Just purchased 2 Arlo Q's, WiFi,  plug in power.  And the Talk Feature will not work. 

I can hear things,  people,  fairly well.  But,  only if they are within a few feet of the camera.  

Howefer, when I try to talk,  there's only Static sent to the camera. 

1).  I push on the Microphone. 

2).  Wait for the Green Talk Button. 

3).  Press and Hold the Button  (Which has turned Purple ).

Seems like it's a record button at this point,  not directly sending any voice directly to the camera? 

4).  After talking,  while holding the Purple Button,  releasing the Purple Button after finished talking. 

Then, what seems to be a recorded message?  Is then being delivered to the selected camera. . .

(Or so it is supposed to be? )  Because. . .

All that comes out of the camera,  is Static Noise at a very low volume. 

CALLED TECH SUPPORT - (Located in the Philippines,  by the way ).?Even though I called a Local California Number. 

TECH SUPPORT had me on my Land Line phone for about 45 minutes,  transferring me to their Professional Expert, Okay?  He,  (The Professional), had me jump through a few hoops,  verifying everything.  Including the following:

A).  Turn on the WiFi on the device I was using to communicate with,  talk to,  the camera with.  Making certain that I was using Data Only.  He thought that the WiFi may have been interfering?  Nope! 

B).  He put me On Hold, (grow old), a few times.  Said he was looking at the settings?  Who knows? 

He returned and had no answers other than to blame my WiFi.  He instructed me to select the 5 gHz mode instead of the 2.5 gHz mode.  I did this too. Nothing changed. 

NOTE: My router is the OnHub by TP Link, (which is a Fantastic Router).  Very compatible with so many things.  Including SmartThings.  Which is why I purchased it.  And,  before buying these cameras,  I asked SmartThings,  "What camera is the best option to match up with the SmartThings products?

They recommend these Arlo's", wow.  I wish I'd of done more research. 

The primary reason I bought these was for the Talk/Listen features.  

If anyone has any information that pertains to this issue?  And has a possible fix?  

Please,  please,  please let me know? 

The App is the Current Version and the cameras are not sitting next to anything magnetic. 

Thank you,  thank everyone,  for reading this long questionnaire.  I'm hoping,  against hope,  that there's a real fix for this problem?  Otherwise,  they're getting back 2 Arlo Q WiFi cameras and my search for a quality product will continue. 

Best regards, 

Darrellwcook

2 REPLIES 2
outfctrl
Aspirant
Aspirant

same here.  I can talk, but there is a huge delay.  people walk away by the time i reply. You will see.  I have had mine for close to a year.  Now I can't even login

brh
Master
Master

@Darrellwcook

Have you tried a factory reset on the cameras? That seems to have fixed the problem for others.

Press the Reset button on your camera for at least 1 minute. 

The LED will slowly blink amber.

In the app remove the cameras from the system.

The add the cameras back into the system, (follow the setup for a new device).

Brian