Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
kriegermert
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

My arlo device just worked fine, couple days ago when i checked my arlo app i noticed that my camera is not online. 

I just unplug it from power and replug but it doesnt help. After that i reset it with reset button and tried to setup again as new camera but in application after chime sound its wouldn't be found. Camera is connecting to my router, im seeing it as wireless client in the router admin page but web application arlo and ios application cant found it. 

How can i solve this issiue ? Camera is blinking blue(slow). Im seeing it connected to wifi.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kriegermert,

It sounds like the camera may not have successfully factory reset. First remove the camera from your account under Settings > My Devices > select the camera > Remove Device, then follow the instructions to reset here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062665/How-to-factory-reset-an-Arlo-Q-or-Arlo-Q-Plus-Camera

After the reset is complete, try onboarding the camera as if it were new.

JamesC

kriegermert
Tutor
Tutor

Camera was successfully factory reset, Im sure about it. I take camera at work and tried to synch it there. At work is sych but at home it woulnt synch. I didnt change anything.

Its connecting to router but blue led is blinking always and arlo app synch always fail. I really need this camera for my son. Please help. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where are you located? The information here may be relevant: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/VMB4000-stopped-working-in-Russia/m-p/1859488

JamesC

kriegermert
Tutor
Tutor

I guess that's why it doesn't work. The only thing I don't understand is that your company's decision only affects ordinary people. I have been using this camera for over 2 years, the power cord is inside the wall. Just changing the camera will not solve the problem, I will also deal with the cable inside the wall.

I'm not even Russian, I just live here. And why should even ordinary Russian citizens be punished?

If your company does not want to harm ordinary people, it makes an announcement and states that the devices that will be sold after the specified date will not work in Russia.

I have a son that I need to part with a babysitter because I work. And I can no longer control them. My mind will always be there until I somehow fix the camera problem.

I think this approach of Netgear is worse than the politicians of the country you are trying to punish. You're just putting ORDINARY people in a difficult position.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kriegermert wrote:

I guess that's why it doesn't work. The only thing I don't understand is that your company's decision only affects ordinary people.

I think this approach of Netgear is worse than the politicians of the country you are trying to punish. You're just putting ORDINARY people in a difficult position.

FWIW, Arlo is not Netgear.   Netgear divested it some years ago.

As far as the political situation goes, war and sanctions always affect the ORDINARY people far more than they affect the governments concerned.  It's generally not the politicians who die, and civilian losses are always much greater than the military ones.

Arlo doesn't do business in every country, and they have the legal right to choose where they want to offer their services using whatever criteria they want.  Whether you think Arlo's action is justified or not depends in part on whether you think it is ok for people (and companies) to do nothing.   

But I don't think that is a suitable topic for discussion here, as this isn't a political forum.  And I doubt you'll get a very sympathetic response to your point of view if you pursue it here (given that the bulk of Arlo's customers are in western countries).