Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo q set up

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Daveapatton
Guide
Guide

I have existing wireless Arlo cameras set up - 5 of them.  Set up was easy.  Arlo Q set up - NIGHTMARE!!!!

Spent hours on the phone with Arlo support. Reset so many devices, so many times I cannot even count. My wireless router is a Netgear C 7000.   The Arlo Support Team had me reset modem configurations like I was supposed to be some sort of computer expert. Very very very disappointed person here. I highly discourage anyone from buying the Arlo Ke The Arlo Support Team had me reset a new modem configurations like I was supposed to be some sort of computer expert. Very very very disappointed person here. I highly discourage anyone from buying the Arlo Q.

Went out and bought second Q.   Identical problems. Gave up. Is there a way to rank this system with -5 stars? 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Daveapatton,

I apologize for the frustrating experience. I would like to work with you to resolve this issue. Please PM me with your case number with the Arlo support team and I will review the case further.

Thank you,

JamesC

FVR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue with setup.  Yellow blinking; then blue; then back to yellow.  The cameras are elegant; the instructions simple; the result totally off-script.

11/15/16

9:41am ET

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try resetting the camera using the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber.  Let it restart and then try to resync.  Be sure that the WiFi signal is strong enough and that the SSID and passphrase don't have special characters which can be an issue, especially with older firmware which may be installed on your camera.  If necessary, enable the guest WiFi on your router (if supported) to get the camera set up and any firmware updates installed and then use the app/web interface to change to your preferred network.