Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo q recordings not showing in library VMC3040r6

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ehl11612
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 arlo q cameras  and no recordings in the library showing up even if I'm getting notifications. I have 1 wired video doorbell with active subscription. The arlo q cameras worked fine over the years but started to have problems last March.  I chose the arlo q cameras over the other models  because  it doesn't need a base station and it records and retains videos in the library for 7 days for free.  Did Arlo cut support for the arlo q cameras already?

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ehl11612 wrote:

Did Arlo cut support for the arlo q cameras already?

No, but I have seen some other recent posts on issues with Arlo Q recordings.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can follow up.

ehl11612
Aspirant
Aspirant

I disarmed all the Arlo q cameras yesterday and early this morning  my video doorbell recordings started showing at my library so I figured issue might have been fixed so I armed all the arlo q's again and my libray recordings went blank?? Does this mean I can no longer use my arlo q's with my doorbell? 

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Support told me they know the problem and they are working on solving it. We will wait.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ehl11612
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appreciate the responses. I have done the following as suggested by Arlo support:

1. Check cameras from my arlo web portal- All powered cameras are detected and I can record video clip but intermittently it is saved on my library then next time I check it disappears.

2. Uninstalled and re installed   Arlo secure app on my phone- Still the same, I get all notifications from armed cameras but library stays empty.

I'm starting to think it might be from a firmware update which no longer supports my arlo q cameras causing the problem. 

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Take a look at the other thread for a possible temporary solution.

ehl11612
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to give an update, the issue has been resolved and I started getting recordings back on all powered arlo q cameras and my video doorbell into my library since yesterday April 30th. 

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately I continue to experience the issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

spalmeri
Aspirant
Aspirant

No the problem has been solved. Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you