Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo q No Arlo device found

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
timQQPPP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just open a new Arlo Q and have been attempting to set it up for the last 2 days via the app and online - to no avail. I am able to get through the whole process (amber blinking light, enter wifi [set router to use separate SSIDs for each band changed SSID/password to all alphanumeric], sync with blue flashing light, scan QR code, chime). Then, it attempts to discover my device and always says 'No Arlo device found.

The LED continues to slowly blink blue after the QE code is scanned and chimes. The app continues to search for a device and consistently cannot detect one. Each time I have to unplug/reset the camera to try again.

I tried a forced stop to the app during the detection and logged back in, but no device was listed.

I have tried unplugging, factory resets, shutting down app, shutting down phone....nothing works. The app will not identify the device nor will my.arlo.com. I have tried more than N times in various ways. Please help Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have any symbols in your wifi password? 

timQQPPP
Aspirant
Aspirant

SSID is 1234 and 12345, has used 2G/5G Arlo q No Arlo device found, but router attached devices has Arlo Q IP  Address, can ping to Arlo Q IP  Address!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is your WiFi set to use WPA2? Won't work without that.

timQQPPP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is your WiFi set to use WPA2?   <---- yse is use WPA2

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

I wonder if this is a 'new' device or one that has been used before ?

The Q has not been available for some time now.

There have been posts about people moving home or changing router having similar problems.

It seems to me, from posts here, that once ArloHQ have your device serial locked in then it's impossible to use it anywhere else.

timQQPPP
Aspirant
Aspirant

new packaging but idle for many years, with new packaging plastic bag never opened, recent open use, so ArloHQ has my device serial locked, the Arlo Q is there any help?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@timQQPPP wrote:

ArloHQ has my device serial locked

Actually no evidence that is true.  If the Q was purchased new and never onboarded, then they certainly haven't locked it.