Camera disappeared from app and cannot reinstall

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
bcrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  Our Arlo Q disappeared from our app overnight.  We activated the camera on Friday night, it was working fine.  When my husband went to deactivate it on Saturday morning the camera had disappeared from the app.  I tried to reinstall the camera but I cannot.  The app cannot find the camera.  I reset the camera and also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it but it still will not install.    I see that an app update has happened recently so wonder if the problem could be something to do with that.  

Can anyone help me with this problem please.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bcrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went  up town and bought a different brand of camera and it installed straight away.  So I am not sure what the problem is between my Arlo and the modem.  I will see if I can get out network provider to reset the modem and configure it. Thank you for all your help.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Dannybear
Master
Master

What arlo app version do you have, look in settings page then look in the about section.

Could also be a buggy firmware release.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Q-Q-VMC3040-1-12-1-1-59-a69a8ff-b3d4763-6t... 

bcrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thank you for replying.  The app version is:  3.7.1 (3440)

Dannybear
Master
Master

I don’t have a Q to compare but does the camera show up if you use the arlo web portal, my.arlo.com, if not can you try re-adding it while you’re logged into it.

bcrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. No the camera has vanished and I cannot reinstall it, I get as far as the app looking for the camera.  At that point it tells me it cannot find the camera.  I have reset the camera a number of times now.  I am putting in the correct network details.   I have also tried using another network connection and it would not work on that network either.  

Dannybear
Master
Master

It could be something to do with the local wifi router modem, have you tried power cycling?

I recall reading a post where the ISP altered the wifi band selection on the router and so disabled the 2.4ghz wifi, check using the mobile phone that it’s connected to the wifi 2.4ghz network.

bcrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, great idea to try my phone but sadly that did not work either.  As a process of elimination I am going to try a different brand of camera today.  Thanks for all your help.  Bev 

bcrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went  up town and bought a different brand of camera and it installed straight away.  So I am not sure what the problem is between my Arlo and the modem.  I will see if I can get out network provider to reset the modem and configure it. Thank you for all your help.

Dannybear
Master
Master

If you have another brand system working then it points to an arlo issue.

Might be best to pack it up and wait a month or so before trying it again. 

bcrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, yes that is what I plan to do.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey bcrc

Are you still having this issue with your Q camera? 

bcrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, yes but I have stopped investigating as had come to a dead end.  I have bought a new camera which is working fine.  Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would be happy to help you figure this out if you like. 

bcrc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I will leave it for now, it was taking up too much time, I may come back to it at a later stage.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Let me know when you are ready : )

Crfdad34
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problems that was listed by the previous user.  I would like help with mine. 

Crfdad34
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problems that was listed by the previous user.  I would like help with mine. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Crfdad34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not to sound melodramatic but I have tried EVERYTHING 😆. Tried resetting, tried moving closer to router, tried QR code, tried allowing it to “find” my arlo, tried resetting again, tried finding with QR code numerous times. Tried deleting app. Up for all your ideas. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Crfdad34 wrote:

Not to sound melodramatic but I have tried EVERYTHING 😆. Tried resetting, tried moving closer to router, tried QR code, tried allowing it to “find” my arlo, tried resetting again, tried finding with QR code numerous times. Tried deleting app. Up for all your ideas. 

Have you also tried onboard with a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com)?

Crfdad34
Aspirant
Aspirant

As I do not know what you mean, I must have not tried that. Please detail the steps, like you would to a 5 year old. Don’t want you thinking I know what I’m doing 😁

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That simply means use a computer browser aimed at https://my.arlo.com. Log in there and try to add the camera in the same way as with the app.

Crfdad34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried with a computer and it worked. Ultimately, I believe I was being routed in a way that would tell me “we no longer provide our streaming services for free, with the purchase of a device. You now must pay a monthly subscription.” Paying the subscription fee and all is working now. Sucks but having babies aint cheap. Neither is being a concerned parent. 

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

So a subscription is now mandatory if any devices drop offline?

Fortunately my Q devices are all still working. I only require streaming and geolocation triggered motion detection.

I don't require online saved videos.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KremmenUK wrote:

So a subscription is now mandatory if any devices drop offline?

No, and the Q still has the 7-day cloud recording with no subscription.

You do need a subscription to get Arlo phone support.