Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app cant find camera. Once I scan the QR code, it chimes but can't find anything.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
D0707
Follower
Follower

Guys I’m very frustrated after returning my nest cAmera i thought this would be great after seeing reviews. I follow all the directions exactly how they Are but once i scan the QR code and it chimes , i click continue and it searches but it can’t find any arlo camera ( I’m right next to the router ) and I’ve done this over 20 times. I reset , i unplugged. I’ve tried it all ! Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi D0707,

Make sure when you're pairing your Arlo Q camera that you typed in the correct WiFi username and password as it is case-sensitive and you're connecting to a 2.4 GHz WiFi.

LafenGranny
Tutor
Tutor

My remote cameras will connect but I can't get the wired (plug in) cameras to be seen by the base station.

Any help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is the area for Q cameras - are those the wired cameras you're talking about? You kinda make it sound like you're having issues with wireless cameras that are plugged into AC power.

LafenGranny
Tutor
Tutor

I am having problems getting my wireless camera (Q) that plugs in for power, to connect to my base station.

I think the issue with with the base station - when I log in to Myarlo it says it can't find my base station, but I see the base station under My Devices.

The battery Qs sync by pushing the sync button but the plug ins can't find the base station.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey LafenGranny,

As jguerdat mentioned, the Arlo Q does not require a Base Station to connect. You will need to connect to AC power and then pair the Arlo Q to your WiFi router.

Sampson32
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried for an hour. Kept getting the chime, then it would just keep spinning & searching. It is DEFINITELY case sensitive when typing in your SSID. It must ust be exact. I was spelling WIFI in all caps, finally realized mine was WiFi. (Duh!) Synced right up.