Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo account does not connect to router.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Merobieboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, i have an Netgear Arlo Q in combination with a Netgear Nighthawk R7000.

However, if i try to connect my Arlo account to my router, it keeps on searching to my router, but it soes not find it, so i cant connect it to my router.

can someone help me out?

Firmware of router: V1.0.6.28_1.1.83

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The salesman was full of it. The only way you can store locally at the moment is to download the videos, either manually or via the Python script I have. Arlo in any form has no ability to store locally, only on the cloud servers.

As for the firmware, it's only needed if you're going to replace a base station for the wireless system with the router. You can safely ignore that warning unless you need a wireless camera. In any event, keep checking for a firmware update so the problem one is history.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The firmware you have is very buggy, to the point that it's been removed from the support downloads. A new version is said to be in the works so you may want to wait until that's released or even download the older 1.4x version from the support page and manually backdate your router. If you choose to do the latter be sure to follow up immediately with a factory reset on the router and set it up again. I'd think you should also reset when the new firmware is available, just to make sure things are set properly.

All that said, I think you're not following the proper procedure to install the Q on your account sine it has nothing to do with your router. The wireless cameras use the R7000 as a base station so that needs to be configured in your account. The Q cameras simply need to create a WiFi connection with whatever router. Are you setting this up as a first installation or have you previously had a wireless setup configured? For a new account, use the New System Setup button and select the Arlo Q. For an existing account, use the Add Device button when logged in and again select Arlo Q. Don't select the WiFi Router since its not used this way. Then follow the setup directions to scan the QR code and connect to the WiFi and, hence, the servers.

Merobieboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, i already have connected and set up the camera, but it ol has the basic plan, so i can only store 7 days online.

However, the guy at the shop said i could plug a HDD in my router, and then store my camera files on the ReadySHARE HDD.

But, i think im gonna wait untill the new firmware is released.

But, the Arlo app said i needed to had firmware v1.0.6.6, but if im gonna think logicaly, v1.0.6.6 is newer then v1.0.6.28, isn't it?

Greets, Merobieboy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The salesman was full of it. The only way you can store locally at the moment is to download the videos, either manually or via the Python script I have. Arlo in any form has no ability to store locally, only on the cloud servers.

As for the firmware, it's only needed if you're going to replace a base station for the wireless system with the router. You can safely ignore that warning unless you need a wireless camera. In any event, keep checking for a firmware update so the problem one is history.