Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q wont sync or restart

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sbandler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I haven't used the Arlo-Q for a few weeks. I just changed my router. I decided to try to connect to Arlo and provide the new network/password, without success.

It just seems dead. I enabled the setting so that no lights would display, so I am not sure if it is completely dead or if its just that the lights wont show. When I provide the new network info and try to sync by pressing the button, nothing happens. No light comes on. No response to image that it should recognize for the network. When I press the reset button on the side, still nothing happens. I checked the power, and it seems ok.

Any suggestions? I cannot put the old network back - it is gone.

15 REPLIES 15
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The reset button needs to be held in excess of 10 seconds. When the reset has been successful you will hear a "click" and the LED will then begin flashing amber after a short pause.

sbandler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I tried for in excess of 10 seconds with both the rest and sync buttons. No lights flashed, and no sound. It is possible that this is because I disabled the lights when last using it?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

No. The 10s reset will reset to factory.

Try and use a different power supply and/or cable.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You apparently don't have a Q camera but a wireless system - big difference.  This is the Q section.

To reset the base, do not use the sync button at all.  Use the reset button by itself until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.

sbandler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just have the one Arlo Q, and so don't have other power supplies to try unfortunately.

sbandler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not sure why you conclude this. I do have an Arlo-Q.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

If you have any other USB charger/power supply from a cellphone then you can give that a try.

Confirm that you are trying to reset by inserting a paperclip into the small reset hole for more than 10 seconds?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You said you held the reset and sync button to reset which is how we used to use for the wireless bases until new firmware changed that to only using the reset button. If you're doing that on a Q I have no idea if it would reset the camera. Use only the reset button until the LED on the front flashes amber if you wan to be sure it's reset.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
BTW, you can not be USB power supplies if they are capable of 5v at 2 amps. Many newer ones do.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Wow! "You can not be" should be "you can use".
sbandler
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, thanks for the clarification. I didn't try the restting at the same time as the sync. These were two different operational attempts. I have tried pressing the reset for for than 10 seconds, but no sign of any lights at all. I will see if I can plug the USB connector at the bottom to a different plug adapter.

Thanks!

sbandler
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried a different power supply now, but still no signs of any life.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

If you tried resetting using the new power supply then before contacting support I would try a different USB cable.

You may have to trim the edges to get it to fit into the camera.

sbandler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you know if there is any chance to return it / have it replaced? I was very happy with this camera before it stopped working. I suspect it is only the reset function that doesn't work, but since the network it is paired with is no longer available, there is nothing I can do. THe Amazon return date for my purchase ended June 30th, so that just passed. From the web-site, it doesn't look like there is any sort of warrantee. I just purchase it on May 31st. I still have the original box and it still looks perfect.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Contact support, they should be able to assist beyond the Amazon return date.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx