Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
wasdman
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMC3040r6

Constantly failing to connect to the camera via arlo.netgear.com

Camera reports full wifi connection 

wifi.PNG

Click live "Please wait..." for ages.

UI provides not feedback just shows the "play live" button again.

Very frustrating, have to hard reset the device (pull power out and reconnect) to get it to work. Confirmed with devices right next to the camera that the wifi is working fine.

javascripterror.pngNetwork2.pngnetwork1.png

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I had this problem before I upgraded my internet connection speed. What speeds do you have?

wasdman
Aspirant
Aspirant

100 mbit down and 40 mbit up, is that fast enough?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Definitely.  Try resetting the camera using the reset button until the LED flashes amber and resync.

wasdman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried that, factory reset and soft power cycle usually fixes the problem, but then it returns. Only thing I can thinking is getting some sort of power plug to power cycle it daily.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be defective hard. Rather than living with it, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

MK106
Star
Star

I am having the same issue with an Arlo Q camera unavle to view live on the browser. On the web browser, I constantly get "please wait"  when playing live. This has been the case for the last two weeks. Resetting the camera in various ways does nothing to fix. 

I can view this Arlo Q "live" on the Arlo app with no problem.

I can view recorded footage from this Arlo Q on the web browser with no problem. 

Also, I can view my Arlo Pro outdoor cameras live on the web browser with no problem. Only the Arlo Q will not play live on the web browser. 

I assume it is something that has changed with the website which caused this issue?  

This is something I need to have fixed in order to make my premiere service usable. I have made several calls and get the "wait time longer than 60 minutes, please call again later" message.  I have initiated help chat sessions daily and each time I get "terminated because no one is available."  I have reached out on their facebook page also, with no answer yet. Hopefully I will connect with someone soon to get this resolved. My reviews of Arlo have been enthusiastic so far.  

EDIT:

I went into my web browser and deleted cookies, cache, history, etc.  This has now made all the cameras not play "live" (whereas before at least the outdoor Arlo Pro were working). 

Very unhappy I am paying a monthly fee for this, and unable to reach any customer service whatsoever. 

MK106
Star
Star

Replying to myself... 

I think this has to do with a conflict between the flash player and the web page in Chrome? I am not an IT person... (if i was, I would have purchased a closed camera system for my home...).  I am trying to figure it out but need assistance...  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru