Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JoshBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

my arlo q is having a strange problem. Camera has been working successfully for over a month at our new house. Last week it suddenly went off line and would not connect. So I deleted it from the account and did a reinstall. The orange light blinks I pressed the sync button and the l blue light blinks, I put in the code for the Wi-Fi, a QR code is generated and the camera sees it and makes the chime. However the discovery part does not complete.

Over the weekend I took the q to another house and followed the set up procedure exactly the same and it successfully connected to the Wi-Fi at that property.

Any help appreciated I have no idea why it will not connect at this property please remember it had connected and had been working successfully for a month. Nothing has been changed on the Wi-Fi in this house from the date it was working to the day it wasn't

thanks
Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoshBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

i live with two teenagers for whom streaming is as important as breathing (apparently) so rather than reduce the speed I changed the channel on 2.4 to 1 rather than auto. The Q has now connected!  That said the rest of my network went into meltdown so had to do a full restart and give thirty mins to calm down.  Hopefully the network will sort itself out with all the mesh units reconnecting

thanks for all the help. Appreciated. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera works at a second location, something ( unknown ) changed at yours

I would do a full reset of the Q and then try to sync again

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jdb_
Apprentice
Apprentice
Are you using a 5ghz network? Possible the channel changed? From my experience, Arlo doesn't work with the higher channels.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had to reduce speed on the 5GHz high channel to get A and other devices to connect. It's a router setting.

JoshBear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks all.

I have performed the reset 3 times but still no change. I will have a look at the router settings. I use the BT wholehome mesh system which currently has 4 arlo outdoor cameras successfully connected. Will let you know what I find re Channel.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try the lower channel (2 digits) rather than high channel (3 digits) or lower the 5GHz spped from maximum to medium.  The 2.4GHz channel should work with no issues.

JoshBear
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. But won't this reduce the speed of my whole network?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Theoretically, yes. However, it also depends on what you're doing on your network. I transfer lots of video and digital images so internal speed is important. If you're streaming from the Internet you don't have the same requirement since you're limited by the streaming rate. Multiple streams to the same device could be an issue but how many people stream that much? Do you? You can always try it to test or use 2.4Ghz. Note that the 2.4GHz band is frequently slower in the first place. If you've been satisfied with speeds on 2.4GHz you wouldn't notice the difference.

JoshBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

i live with two teenagers for whom streaming is as important as breathing (apparently) so rather than reduce the speed I changed the channel on 2.4 to 1 rather than auto. The Q has now connected!  That said the rest of my network went into meltdown so had to do a full restart and give thirty mins to calm down.  Hopefully the network will sort itself out with all the mesh units reconnecting

thanks for all the help. Appreciated.