Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q won't connect out of the box

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DToner64
Tutor
Tutor

Having trouble with the Arlo Q out of the box.  App will not discover device.  I've made sure the WiFi is up and active.  Also renamed the network to get rid of spaces and special characters.  Did a reset as well.  Still no luck.  Everything seems to go smoothly through the final step, but the device is never found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DToner64
Tutor
Tutor
Interesting..... Before I returned the camera I moved it to another location entirely. I finally got the camera “found” then, on the second try, was able to get everything working correctly. Now that the system works, I’m going to pack up my Airport base station and see if I can get it to work where I need it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try logging out and back in. I've found that sometimes it's actually in your account even when it says that it's not discovered.

DToner64
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not adding this to other cameras, so when I go to the Arlo app and click "New to Arlo?" I go right to the set-up without having to create an account.  But I could be missing a step, since this is the first time I've worked with a camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm confused. If you already have an account you don't use "New to Arlo" - you just use the Add Device button on the Devices tab. Is that what you're doing? You need an account to add the camera to - have you created that account?

DToner64
Tutor
Tutor

I'm sure I'm the one who is confused!  When I opened the app + clicked "New to Arlo" I expected to be walked through the process of setting up an account.  Instead, I'm brought directly to the process for settting  up the camera.  I thought it was strange, but accepted the fact that they wanted me to set up the camera first.  I have this "MyArlo" account, but that's different, right?

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AFAIK, all Netgear/Arlo logins are one so try logging in with those credentials and THEN try setting the camera up.

DToner64
Tutor
Tutor

I logged in, but it made no difference.  Device is still not found.  I don't think this is going to work, since I can't think of anything else to try.  Afraid I'll have to return it.

Thanks for trying to help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can swap at the store if you think it's bad hardware.

DToner64
Tutor
Tutor
Interesting..... Before I returned the camera I moved it to another location entirely. I finally got the camera “found” then, on the second try, was able to get everything working correctly. Now that the system works, I’m going to pack up my Airport base station and see if I can get it to work where I need it.
DToner64
Tutor
Tutor

Brought it in and it works fine.  All I can think of is that there must have been something interferring with the camera's signal or something like that.  Anyway, it's working great now.