Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MrGibbo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi
I have x2 q’s . I set up one then the other. First one worked but when I went to add the second there was an issue. So I added the 2nd and it works fine. Then when I went to add the 1st q again, it just won’t connect. I know it worked as it was the first one I connected. When I try to add it, it goes all the way and chimes on the QR code but times out when waiting to connect!! I have done on my app (iPhone) and also on my Apple laptop account. Both do the same. I have deleted my app and added it again. Makes no difference. I have tried 20 times. No way will it connect at the last phase. Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MrGibbo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica

I came right eventually after turning it off for a full 30 min.

Mark

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you do a reset on the Q?

hold in reset for about ten secs till led flashes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MrGibbo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tom,

That worked (Reset)

Another 2 questions

My 3rd Q connected ok but video is orange. Not full colour like the other 2.  I have reset this but no change. It has also done its update. 

Also when I go into my Arlo account on my apple laptop it shows the videos from my 3 videos from last used on iPhone but when I click start, none of them will start/work.

Mark

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Glad the reset worked...

Can you post a pic of the orange view ?  ( is the IR illumination on or off )

Not sure what your 3rd question is

Morse is faster than texting!
MrGibbo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Tom,
The night vision is on and it works fine at night. I did learn that at night if it is on the fridge and u don’t have it on the edge it will pick up the white of the fridge and won’t show anything but black on the video.
Today it is showing blue. Yesterday orange. It won’t let me send a photo from this platform. (too large). Can I have an email , or something else to send to?
Thanks
Mark
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey MrGibbo,

Have you tried unplugging and replugging your Arlo Q camera to see if that helps with the image quality?

MrGibbo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica,

Yes I have turned it off many times and reset as well. This one never worked properly like the other 2, so I think it is faulty, so will have to return it. I can send you photos if you give me an email address. The photos are too big for this platform.

Regards

Mark G

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message in regards to the image.

MrGibbo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica

I came right eventually after turning it off for a full 30 min.

Mark