Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
chuckw246
Follower
Follower

I have 4 camera wireless system and want add the Q But the manual says not to add it to the wireless! and it says see page 8 which there isn't a page 8? I cant get the Q to sinc up?? What do I do??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't add it to the base station but only to your own WiFi.  Make sure the router's SSID and passphrase have only alphanumeric characters (no spaces or punctuation or other special characters) and that you're making sure the spelling, including caps, is correct.  Any help?  If not, give us details.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't add it to the base station but only to your own WiFi.  Make sure the router's SSID and passphrase have only alphanumeric characters (no spaces or punctuation or other special characters) and that you're making sure the spelling, including caps, is correct.  Any help?  If not, give us details.

loriskip
Initiate
Initiate

have done everything and checked it many times over and still will not sync to the wifi and not the Netgear

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Make sure that you are entering the correct SSID and password.

Also as mentioned above 

"Make sure the router's SSID and passphrase have only alphanumeric characters (no spaces or punctuation or other special characters) and that you're making sure the spelling, including caps, is correct."

If for whatever reason your current router uses an SSID and password that has these special characters then you need to change these first before trying to sync the Q.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use of the guest network on many routers may be a fast way to get the Q going, followed by firmware updates that may allow you to use your existing SSID and passphrase.