Arlo Q will not reconnect but Pro will after Internet outage

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
bberkowitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Q cameras inside my house with a CVR subscriptiion and three Arlo Pro cameras outside my house. All five are on the same network and run through the same base station.

Over the last three weeks I've had some Internet stability problems, and my connection has gone down a few times. Every time it comes back up, the three outdoor Arlo Pro units start working again with no intervention on my part and resume feeding motion-activated clips to the cloud.

BUT, the two indoor Arlo Q cameras do NOT come back online when the Internet connection comes back on. They don't stream video, they don't capture motion, they don't record -- they are dead, and they only way I can get them to work again is to unplug them and plug them back in. That works until the next outage, and then the same thing all over again.

If they're on the same network, and on the same base station, why do the Pro units reinitialize themselves when the Intenet connection is restored, but the Q units do not? I paid $150 for a year of CVR and just came home from a week's vacation to find no recordings whatsoever. 

(The two Q cameras are model VMC3040r6 and the firmware is 1.8.3.2_21995.)

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Check to verify if the FW is the latest.

Also try a factory reset on one of the Qs to see if it makes a difference.

( hold in the reset till the led flashes, about 10 sec... resync camera as if new )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
bberkowitz
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac - thanks very much for the suggestions. 

* Factory reset did not solve the issue.
* The FW is the latest version, released Aug. 7 -- problem was happening prior to that, and has continued since then. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bberkowitz,

What is the signal strength like for the Arlo Q's? How far away from the router are they? If the signal is weak, it could be that the cameras are struggling to reconnect to the router after the power/internet outage.

JamesC

bberkowitz
Aspirant
Aspirant
@JamesC - the Q in my living room is 1.5 feet from the base station and 3 feet from the router. Meanwhile the three Pros are all 20 feet+ from the router through windows and walls.