Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q - viewing camera on multiple devices at same time

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Kris10_elizabet
Tutor
Tutor
I set up the camera using my iPhone. I then went through the steps to add my husband as a friend so he can view the camera also. Problem is that it seems that when I am viewing the camera, he cannot view it at the same time. It will kick me out and he will get an error message. How do we correct this so we can both view the camera to check on things while we are at work?
33 REPLIES 33
Steveo4caddy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Jguerdat is who my original comment was supposed to to
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm kinda lost as to how this thread has meandered but no matter.

Again, as stated multiple times in this thread, there is NO way to use the master account by multiple users (or even the same user using multiple devices) without the last one logging in to leave the first to remain active.  It's by design and can't be overridden.  What you CAN do is to use Settings, Grant Access from the master login to other email addresses, as many as you need. Those guest accounts will not log anyone off so many users can be viewing the same cameras at the same time.

Asdarrington
Aspirant
Aspirant
It doesn't let you add another email address, why is that ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using Grant Access?

Asdarrington
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I did. I put in the first & last name, then the email address, but it wouldn't let me enter it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also select cameras? The whole form has to be filled out first.

Asdarrington
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I checked all boxes. The issue was after I put in the email address the box to click to enter it wasn't working, I couldn't click it .
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How about if you reposition the cursor in the email address box?  Also, make sure there's no embedded spaces or maybe an extra one at the end. If necessary, try both the app and a browser.

-Chris
Aspirant
Aspirant
From the admin phone if you go to settings and grant access you can add other folks via a different email. Check the cameras you want others to see and even check admin rights for that email. The key is to use the other email (the one you granted access to) to login with (use different password too. It may work with the same password as the admin, I did not try that) on the other phone. I was able to view one camera on two different phones.