Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Bat73
Initiate
Initiate
I use this camera as a baby monitor, and every time I try to connect, the audio comes through, but the image from the last look in is frozen on the screen, with a “loading” icon in the center. Video never does connect, and it’s super annoying!!! It’s NOT my WiFi as I have 100mbps down, and 10 up, and the router is in the next room over. Anyone else experiencing this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with firmware release 1.8.3.2_21995. Please check your Arlo Q firmware to be sure you have the latest version. You can view the release notes here: Release Notes - Arlo Q/Q+ FW 1.8.3.2_21995 - 7th August 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bat73
Initiate
Initiate
And btw, I’m not sure what this stupid label is that they made me pick in order to post this. The problem is the Arlo app on my iPhone
bikegear
Luminary
Luminary

It may not be related but recently, the last week or two, when I log into the camera the video intermittently freezes. I have a ceiling fan in the room with the camera and I can see the fan’s rotation stop and start. The audio, tv in the background, is continuous. This is even when I’m at home on my fast WiFi connection with the camera right next to my router. 

Previously I though it was because I was on a cell network when I was checking but today realized there was no difference when being on my home WiFi. I just used the app to restart the camera and tried again. This time the video was ok. So maybe try that. Also you could try reducing the video quality down from 720 or whatever it’s set on for you. That might possibly help but I have my doubts.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with firmware release 1.8.3.2_21995. Please check your Arlo Q firmware to be sure you have the latest version. You can view the release notes here: Release Notes - Arlo Q/Q+ FW 1.8.3.2_21995 - 7th August 2018

JamesC