Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q system - Handover from landlord. How to change account

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Booked
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I just moved into a furnished rental apartment. The landlord has Arlo Q cameras installed and added me to his account. He said he would delete the Arlo App on his phone so I could have privacy however this is not something I can verify. Besides, he could re-download the App at any time and I would not know if he was accessing the cameras. He said that I could set up a new account if I was not happy with this arrangement.
If I set up a new account, is it possible for the landlord to still access the cameras via his account?
How can I set up a new account without approaching the landlord.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You're posting this in the ReadyNAS forum - I am moving it into the Arlo area.

They are good questions, hopefully the Arlo experts will be able to help you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I haven't tried this but do a factory reset on the camera. Ho?d the reset button until the camera clicks and the LED flashes amber. Install the app and perform a new system setup. Assuming all goes well, the landlord has no access to the camera.
Booked
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many Thanks StephenB

Booked
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot jguerdat, I'll give that a go. Just to put my mind at ease, once I carry out the factory reset, is there any possibility at all for the camera's to continue uploading feeds to the icloud / account that they were first registered? for example; -  the camera's restablishing connection with the account automatically through camera serial number recognition from the original account registration? 

Thanks again

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Booked,

The device would first need to be removed from the original account before it could be added to a new account. Once removed and claimed on the new account, it would have no association with the old account. You will need to contact your landlord and request they log in using the Arlo app and remove the Q devices.

JamesC