Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Q stopped showing live feed with sound

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CHagler
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first set my system up (a couple of months ago) I could click the "Live" button and monitor what was going on at home while I was working.  With earphones on, I could hear if the dogs started moving around or if anybody barked, and could use that as a cue to go look at the feed to see what they were up to.  Now, however, the live feed has stopped actually showing motion or sending sound at all.  The videos that get triggered are fine, so I know the mic and camera are actually functioning.  But I cannot use the live feed monitor anymore.  I have tried restarting both the camera and the base station, but neither had any impact on the problem.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you don't say what platform... have you tried a diff browser like Fire Fox?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CHagler
Aspirant
Aspirant

My apologies.  I'm on a Mac running El Capitan and generally have kept this open in a tab on Safari just because that's the browser I generally have running on my second monitor.  Since you suggested it, I logged in from my primary browser (Chrome) and you're right, it worked over there.  That prompted me to quit Safari and relaunch it, which also resulted in it working again.

So something about it stops working over time in any one particular browser?  At least it has an easy fix.  Thanks for the tip.