Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
geoffwbaOC
Guide
Guide

Following recent issues with Arlo Q not being able to connect to the internet (since resolved) my camera is set up and armed but has stopped recording videos when motion is detected.   I don't currently have a paid subscription but thought my camera had 7 day rolling cloud recording.    Before the recent issues it was recording OK.      Anyone else had this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing problems where your video is not recording even when your camera is on armed mode and detects motion/audio, try removing the camera off from the account and re-add it back on.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
David_UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now it is NOT recording after motion is detected, checking if another poster has raised a new thread......

David_UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, can someone help please?

otpuv481
Tutor
Tutor

I've the same issue. Q doesn't detect motion or audio at all when the arm is on. No alarm trigged.

Raj1978
Star
Star

oh god! you are absolutely right! cameras not triggering by motion or noise. 

Carlos_Espejo
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem.

Although they now allow real-time viewing, Arlo Q plus cameras with the version problem even if they detect motion or sound, they do not record or send notifications.

In addition, neither the app nor the website allows you to edit the rules of the "Active" mode.

Carlos

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

If you're experiencing problems where your video is not recording even when your camera is on armed mode and detects motion/audio, try removing the camera off from the account and re-add it back on.

Carlos_Espejo
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I deleted one of the cameras and reattached it and it detects movement, the video is recorded, and I receive the notification.

Editing the "Active/Armed" mode rules still cannot be done. I'm working with a custom mode and it's working.

Good luck to other users

Carlos_Espejo
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

Sorry for a previous comment, I tried again to edit the rules of the "Active/Armed" mode and it works properly.

In the spanish version of the app  "Armed" is "Activo" that's why I say "Active/Armed"

regards and thanks

linxeye
Star
Star

Same issue here. After being able to readd the Arlo Q to my account I'm plaggued with issues :

-Rules for video recording are empty : I can't change them and no recording starts when motion is detected,

-Geofencing doesn't work for Q (it detects me out when I'm in and while base of Arlo Pro detects fine),

Removing again Arlo Q and adding back to the account DOES restore rules for video recording and motion detection. However geofencing is still broken...

Arlo you can do better than that.

erikvds
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, i am experiencing the same problem.

Q's are on, rules are set, they detect motion and/or sound, but no follow up takes place. I.e. no video recording is starting.

I am going to try to delete and and them again... sigh...

erikvds
Tutor
Tutor

Follow up on my last post:

I deleted all my 3 Arlo Q's and added them back again. All rules were correct and it seems its picking up noise and movement AND starts recording.

It seems the suggested fix of removing/adding the camera's does work. However, i don't know if all works flawlessly in the night, that's something i will know tomorrow...

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

It does seem that after last weekends bugged firmware update all manner of things are going wrong.

KremmenUK
Luminary
Luminary

Right, the story .... in case Arlo support want more info ....

Last weekend after the night vision bug I restarted all 3 cameras. 2 of them restarted but the third didn't. The third camera had to be unplugged and reconnected to get it to download the fixed/rolled back firmware.

After that Geofencing seems to be broken for all 3 cameras.

Thanks to this thread I checked my 2 cameras at this location. The one I had to unplug is motion detection working. THe one that restarted remotely was not detecting motion.

I've removed and reinstalled this camera and motion detection is working as is recording.

Just the Geofencing for Arlo support now.